Introducing the Nokia N1 – first nokia android tablet announced on 18 November 2014. Inside its unibody aluminium design which is available in Natural Aluminum or Lava Gray colours, it is powered by a 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 processor clocked at 2.3GHz and combined with 2GB RAM. The graphics is handled by the powerful PowerVR G6430 GPU. As of now there is no microSD card support for this Nokia android tablet but the internal storage is stuffed with decent 32GB. The Nokia N1 has a display of 7.9 inch having resolution of 2048 x 1536 px and runs on the latest Android L with their customized launcher which is known as Nokia Z launcher. The Nokia N1 is currently priced at $249 which is approximately Rs 15,000 and is supposed to be hitting Indian market next year.
Nokia N1 Specifications
- Operating System : Android 5.0 Lollipop with Nokia Z launcher
- Processor : 2.3 GHz Intel 64-bit Atom Processor Z3580
- Display : 7.9-inch, 2048 x 1536 resolution, Gorilla Glass 3, IPS panel with LED backlight, Fully Laminated zero air-gap display
- Memory : 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage
- Power Backup : 5300 mAh battery
- Main Camera : 8MP with autofocus, Full HD video recording
- Front Camera : 5Mp fixed focus
- Micro USB 2.0 with a Type C reversible connector
- Sensor : 6-axis Gyro + Accelerometer
Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
Considering the device configuration and the expected built quality along with the price point, we can assume that this is a very good deal. The negative point is the absence of 3G and LTE. We can be more specific once we do a hands-on with this device. I think this new tablet is going to impress us. Is Nokia coming back to business ?