With the rise of Ryzen processors, gaming segment now has lots of options for processors. Previously, Intel had a monopoly in gaming section but as AMD Ryzen 3rd gen improved their IPC score to a level considered on par with Intel, there is no reason why Ryzen processors won’t be considered for a gaming build. But at $150 (Rs 10000 ish) segment I believe Intel i5 9400f is the clear winner considering that AMD has no better offering (Ryzen 3500X). Moreover, Intel will have the edge on gaming because of the better IPC than the ryzen counterpart.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-9400F
- Motherboard: ASUS TUF B365M-PLUS Gaming
- RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000 X 2
- GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1660 (1-Click OC) 6GB GDDR5 192-bit DP
- PSU: Corsair VS450 450-Watt Power Supply
- Storage: Western Digital WD Green 240 GB SSD
- Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-05 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Since the budget is quite tight, I have not allocated anything for OS. You can use the freely downloaded version of Windows 10 from Microsoft website without any issues. The only downside is that you won’t be able to change the wallpaper. But that’s something I believe can be overlooked considering the amount of money saved for buying a license.
This Mid-tier gaming PC will be decent enough to play games in 1080P and if you are into FPS gaming like CSGO, Apex Legends, Overwatch, then you will get a decent framerate without burning a hole in your pocket.
Let me know in comments if you have any feedback or suggestions.