MIUI 7 is the latest operating system from Xiaomi which is based on the new version of Android. Some new features are added which are impressive like Quick OTP, Smart SMS Filter, Contact video, Baby album etc. It is not available as normal (stable) update currently. But if you want to make your hands dirty with MIUI 7 on your Xiaomi device you can do so by following these simple steps.
How to update Xiaomi MI3 to MIUI 7
- First of all you have to back up your files from your phone.
- Then download the MIUI 7 update file in your computer. You can download it from here.
- Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on the computer.
- After that, transfer it into your phone via USB cable to the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it inside any folder)
- Then open the UPDATER app on your phone and check for updates. Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’.
- In recovery, click WIPE AND RESET > WIPE USER DATA > INSTALL UPDATE.ZIP TO SYSTEM
- You will get UPDATE SUCCESSFUL message.
- After that click REBOOT TO SYSTEM.
Now enjoy MIUI 7 in your device. If you have any confusion, you can check this quick video tutorial.
You can follow this tutorial to update other Xiaomi phones to MIUI 7 as well. So, if you want to :-
Update Xiaomi Mi 4i to MIUI 7
Update Xiaomi MI4 to MIUI 7
Update Redmi 1S to MIUI 7
Update Redmi 2 to MIUI 7
Update Xiaomi Redmi Note to MIUI 7
Update Redmi Note 4G to MIUI 7
Here are the respective download links.
If you are facing problem in downloading such as SLOW SPEED with the above link. You can try downloading with the new links below. Traffic is considerably low in these new links and hence you ‘ll get faster downloading speed.
Be informed that the links provided are beta versions. Which means that they are not fully ready. They may contain bugs which can effect the usability and performance of your phone. If you are up for it and can handle issues, if any, you are welcome to go forward. Otherwise wait for the final build to be released. You can get the stable version OTA once they provide MIUI 7 for your device.
Disclaimer : Flashing / updating ROM is a risky procedure and must be done with caution. It may brick your phone making it useless. We at Imraan’s Blog are not responsible for any outcome you may face because of this procedure. So do at your own risk.